Wednesday, February 17, 2010

All that you can be?

Photobucket


This afternoon was slow at work, so I decided to head upstairs and make a quick round to visit the boys at the tattoo shop. There was a young guy sitting up there getting tattoo of an american flag. He sat there getting it done while his two of his friends watched.

ME: "So are you in the military?"

SB1: "Joining the army, so is my friend..."

SB2: "Signing our papers tomorrow, we're hoping to be paratroopers."

ME: "Jump out of planes, blow shit up, that kinda stuff?"


I should have kept my mouth shut...


SB2: "Yeah, and kill towelheads."


ME: "Really..."


I had to leave the room, I was speechless, and it takes alot to shut me up...


I honestly can't believe people actually think that way, let alone speak that way. I know I live in a fairly sheltered protective bubble of super liberal open minded human beings, but I just can't believe some barely nineteen year old boy who just joined the largest mass funded government killing machine on the planet had the nerve to look me in the eyes proudly and say that. It was like the universe bitch slapped me.

It made me sad for the future of humanity. This kid wasn't born thinking that way, someone told him that. Someone taught him that.

And at barely nineteen years old he believed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment